Sunday, December 24, 2006

Rainy Day Bargain: The Fish Market

It's not any major secret but I thought I would share in case you're not aware yourself.

I love clam chowder. Love. And really when it's cold and misty and gray outside, like it was on Friday, it's instinct to want soup. So after visiting Andrea at the Village Hat Shop, I decided I would head over to the Fish Market. Yes, you can sit in the restaurant and overlook the water and whatnot, but a cup of chowder will set you back $3 or $4 bucks, throw in a drink, tip, and you're kinda tossing your money around, no? Instead, head to the fish counter. You can order a pint or a quart to go. I think the pint comes in under $5 and it's $7 for the quart. You can choose New England or Manhattan chowder and you get a fresh half loaf of sourdough bread with butter. Sara and I ended up sharing the chowder for dinner and were completely full. Plus the chowder is some of the best in town, thick and creamy with lots of clams- not filled with potatoes or other fillers. It's warm again today, but next rainy day, I think you'll know where to find me...also worthy of mention is their Sushi lounge, but that's for another time.

The Fish Market is located at 750 North Harbor Drive, between Seaport Village and the USS Midway.

No comments: